Japan in FrankfurtRheinMain
The FrankfurtRheinMain region is home to about 4,500 Japanese nationals and more than 200 Japanese companies, which have been here for over 40 years. The Japanese community characterizes and enriches the cityscape of Frankfurt by architectural masterpieces. For example, the Taunustor Japan Center is often called the most beautiful skyscraper in the city. The 100 m high Japan Center is the result of an international architectural competition completed in 1996, which the Japanese client had awarded together with the City of Frankfurt am Main.
Central Japanese institutions
- Japanese General Consulate
- Japanese Tourist Office JNTO
- Germany Office of Yokohama City
The Japanese community benefits from the strong international character of the FrankfurtRheinMain region and accesses a solid Japanese infrastructure that has evolved over the years:
- Japanese kindergarten
- Japanese International School
- Association of Japanese companies Frankfurt e. V.
- Japanese Cultural Center
- German-Japanese Society Frankfurt e. V.
- Japanese auditors, tax consultants and lawyers
- Japanese bookstores, grocery stores, bars, restaurants and service providers
Japanese companies in FrankfurtRheinMain
More and more Japanese companies benefit from the location advantages offered to them by FrankfurtRheinMain. Primarily, there is the airport, which connects FrankfurtRheinMain with Japan 40 times a week nonstop and beyond is the largest cargo hub in Europe. Japanese companies use the central location in the heart of Europe to have optimum guidance from here to their European corporate subsidiaries. This is especially applicable for the Eastern European market.
In addition to banks, financial institutions and commercial enterprises mainly research and development facilities have settled in the region in order to develop products for the specific needs of the European market. Many Japanese companies have their manufacturing base in FrankfurtRheinMain, thereby creating hundreds of jobs.
Examples of Japanese companies:
- Canon Inc.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd
- Kuraray Co., Ltd
- Mazda Motor Corporation
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Mitsubishi Polyester Film GmbH (Mitsubishi Plastics, Inc.)
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Suzuki Motor Corporation
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd.